Webseite Universität Bonn, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, Technische Universität München, Technische Universität Wien
The newly funded Research Unit Deformation analysis based on terrestrial laser scanner measurements (TLS-Defo) is aiming at making substantial contributions to use TLS for deformation analyses. This is achieved through coordinated research work on several topics, which are depicted in individual projects, each contributing to the overall goal. Thus, we are looking for several PhD-Students at different universities. You will work at the cutting edge of research regarding the use of TLS for deformation analysis and will be part of an international team including young as well as experienced researchers.
The specific topics of the PhD-projects are (see also https://www.tlsdefo.de/):
• Surface Representation and Area-wise Deformation Analysis (PIs: Hans Neuner, Technical University Vienna and Corinna Harmening, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
• Calibration of Laser Scanner (PI: Heiner Kuhlmann, University of Bonn)
• Measurement Uncertainty (PI: Christoph Holst, Technical University Munich)
• Surface Approximation Uncertainty (PI: Ingo Neumann, Leibniz University Hannover)
• Distribution-Free Uncertainty (PI: Steffen Schön, Leibniz University Hannover)
Further relevant information:
• Place of work: according to the PhD project
• Each position is granted for 4 years
• Salary: according to the individual regulations of each university, in general comparable to E13 German salary scale
• Project start: fall 2023 with some flexibility
Pre-requisite is a Master´s-Degree in Geodesy and Geoinformation, Photogrammetry, Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Mathematics or any other related field.
All involved universities are committed to diversity and equal opportunities. Our goal is to increase the portion of women and to particularly promote their careers. We therefore strongly encourage applications from relevantly qualified women.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV, certificates, and a cover letter indicating your motivation and your preferences regarding the 5 topics to firstname.lastname@example.org (a single PDF-file, max. 8 MB). The application deadline is June, 4, 2023.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com